The Horses Teaching & Healing portal is provided by Pam Salem and associates. For over ten years since Pam created the Equine Assisted Assets website: http://www.equineassistedassets.com to help people navigate the field of equine assisted activities, she has envisioned a portal that would cross organizations and methods/models, an Equine Assisted OPEN FORUM, and INDUSTRY ARTICLES and NEWS. The last few years have been spent in creating that portal and determining how it can best serve both existing practitioners and newcomers in the field. HTH exists to connect and promote practitioners in the emerging equine assisted/equine experiential field.
Pam Salem is a certified Equine Experiential Educator who was a regional VP for the former TN Horse Council for 15+ years, who is “owned by horses” since 1956, and who believes that “horses being horses help humans be better humans.” In addition to co-facilitating equine assisted programs with a licensed therapist since 2000, Pam has a B.S. in Education, 40 yrs of hands-on horse experience as a competitor (Pony Club, horse shows, and competitive trail) and breeder of Arabian & Anglo Arabian sport horses. At age 17 years she had 4000+ hours in the saddle and was chosen as one of four team members for their first Pony Club rally when the Tennessee Valley Pony Club was founded in Knoxville, TN. She and her horse Queen’s Buccaneer (aka Jasper) won the Jr Working Hunter Championship at the Knoxville Charity Horse Show. She raised Anglo-Arabian sport horses for 20 years. One of her colts won a Class A Hunter Pleasure class in a field of fourteen. Another colt, purchased by an Olympic endurance rider, won a hundred mile endurance race for him. Since 1972, she has co-owned and operated a hospitality linen and contract furnishings business: http://salemassoc.com
In 2005 she created Equine Assisted Assets™ to support the field with guidance, inspiration and resources. Pam is known for her ability as a catalyst, bringing together a variety of different people to enhance each others expertise. Partial list of Pam’s relevant training:
– 1998 Studied with Dr. Joanne Moses at Tucson Animal Assisted Psychotherapy Associates (TAAPA)
– October 1999 EAGALA Training with Greg Kersten and Lynn Thomas at Virginia Intermont College.
– October 2000 Hosted Chris Irwin demonstration and Dr. Joanne Moses workshop.
Hosted EAGALA Training with Greg Kersten and Linda Myers in Knoxville, TN, and began to work as the Eagala Horse Specialist with a PhD therapist doing equine assisted psychotherapy.
– October 2003 EPONA Three Day Workshop for Educators, Counselors & Riding Instructors with Linda Kohanov, author of The Tao of Equus and Riding Between the Worlds, and Kathleen Ingram of Sacred Place of Possibility.
– June 2004 EAPD with CHRIS IRWIN, author of Horses Don’t Lie.
– June 2007 certification by Innovative Horizons as an EQUINE ASSISTED TRAINING SPECIALIST.
– December 2007 EAGALA Level I at MARK LYTLE’s to maintain Eagala certification.
– April 2008 hosted OK CORRAL SERIES White Seminar [mounted].
– July 2008 Founding Member of E3A, the EQUINE EXPERIENTIAL EDUCATION ASSOCIATION.
Pam Salem is not currently affiliated with or a member of E3A. The training is excellent.
– May 2013 Healing with Horse Symposium, Denver, Colorado
– June 2015 Equine Assisted Trauma-Focused Conference
– November 2015 Eagala Part 2 Training with Lynn Thomas & Mark Lytle
– March 2016 Eagala Conference Lexington, KY
– March 2018 Eagala Conference Murfreesboro, TN
Pam has co-facilitated equine assisted programs with a licensed therapist since 2000, and continues to hone her equine assisted learning skills. In addition to programs at her farm, Pam created and has co-facilitated an equine experiential program at English Mountain Recovery https://englishmountain.com/team since Feb 2010.
She continues to Translate Equus™ through authentic connection with the horses she loves.
Specialties: Certified PEAT Processor and Trainer in the Spiritual Technologies of Zivorad Slavinski. See: http://pamsalem.com
Pam is featured in Marketing Ideas for the Equine Professional by Beth Woodward.
Pam Salem is dedicated to the success of equine assisted work, and to the support and encouragement of those who are inspired to do it. She is a seeker and a traveler of ‘the path with heart.’ She believes that YOU are the expert at knowing YOU and your own uniqueness. You are your own guru and your own ‘best asset.’
“You don’t ‘find’ yourself….what are you, under a tree? You create yourself.” Victoria Principle